17 February 2013

Help navigate a boat

Paul Hibbert recently attended a boating course, I'll let him tell the story.


"During the boating course they taught how to do chart plotting calculations manually using a regular calculator. The potential for a LiveCode app to make life easier soon became obvious, so after an evening of playing around with some code I came up with a nautical calculator app on my PC.

The next stage was getting the app onto my iPhone. The LiveCode Mobile Development Beginners Guide by Colin Holgate was an invaluable resource, it just took away all the uncertainty and answered all of the questions I came up against.

After a few more evenings reading Colin's book, the app was on my iPhone ready for the next boating lesson, my homework was a breeze after that and I passed the course with ease."



No comments:

Post a Comment